For those of you who foolishly decided to take a vacation this summer rather than stay at home and read my blog, I wanted to summarize what I feel were my top ten posts this summer (and below will also summarize the rests of my posts since I am sure you will want to catch up on all of them).
- Blue Ocean Leadership. A leadership strategy built on the Blue Ocean Strategy framework that helps you engage the 70 percent of your workers who are not committed to doing a great job.
- Why a new product or game has to be 9X better. An analysis of why a new product or game has to be at least nine times better than its existing competition to get users to switch.
- How to find talented employees. How to identify, recruit and develop your strongest people.
- The secret to creating a hit habit-forming product or game. The keys to how you can use the Hook Model popularized in the book Hooked to create a product or game that has fantastic retention.
- Lifetime Value Part 22: The need to take a long-term view. The importance of looking at lifetime value over a long time period.
- Using machine learning to improve customer interaction. How to leverage machine learning to optimize interactions with users and players.
- Partnerships, focus and competition. How partnering with other companies, rather than building everything yourself or using acquisitions, can speed growth.
- Lessons from sports analytics. Lessons from sports to improve your use of analytics and show new applications.
- Lifetime Value Part 21: 3D LTV. If you look at your customers in three dimensions—recency, frequency and profitability—you can better predict and optimize the lifetime value of specific customers and cohorts.
- Moneyball finally comes to VC. How venture capital is finally becoming analytics driven.
As promised, here is an overview of my other summer posts
- Lifetime Value Part 18: Ten small things that will. A few small things you can do that would improve your LTV.
- Summer reading list. Some of my favorite books.
- Lifetime Value Part 19: Applications of LTV in different business types. A look at how lifetime value is applied in different industries, which gives insight into other ways you can use this crucial metric.
- Lifetime Value Part 20: What others are doing to optimize lifetime value A look at what companies are doing in other industries to optimize lifetime value and thus provide ideas outside the box for how your industry is approaching it.
- How to make your brand trustworthy. Some techniques to build a brand users trust and the value of doing so.
- How to deal with Apple, Facebook, Google and other platforms. Techniques to optimize your relationship with your platform partners.